BOTOX® (onabotulinumtoxinA) is Allergan’s trade name for the protein and neurotoxin Botulinum Toxin. The protein is used cosmetically as a muscle-relaxing injection for the treatment of wrinkles. As we age, skin loses its elasticity, and dynamic wrinkles begin to form. Botox is the most effective skin treatment for subtly tackling the appearance of deep lines and wrinkles. It also prevents new lines from forming by relaxing the facial muscles and reducing excessive facial movements. Lines and wrinkles will be smoothed out and you’ll be left with a youthful, glowing appearance. Here at Envy, we offer three different types of neurotoxins which are Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport.
We also offer Botox for some therapeutic purposes such as TMJ (lockjaw, grinding, and clenching) and Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) in the underarm area. While some extended healthcare plans will cover these treatments, not all do. To find out, give your insurance company a call to see what is and what isn’t covered. We treat all patients, regardless of coverage.
Botox is charged by the unit and on average, most patients will require anywhere from 40-80 units depending on their age and how many areas they would like to treat.
The most common Botox treatment areas are:
- Lip flip
- Brow lift
- Forehead lines
- Between your eyes (glabella)
- Crow’s feet (around the eyes)
- Top of the nose (bunny lines)
- Necklines (platysmal bands)
- DAO (Depressor Anguli Oris)
Muscle can help prevent a downward pull of the corners of the lip.
This can provide a slight upturn to the lips, giving a more youthful appearance.
However, Botox is a versatile drug and here at Envy Beauty Lab, it can be used for:
• Jaw Reduction – Gives one a softer and more visually pleasing appearance.
• TMD Disorder (Bruxism) – This aching ailment causes irritation in the jaw area and often leads to teeth grinding and pain in the jaw area. We can help by using Botox to relax the jaw (masseter) muscles and dramatically reduce the effect of this disorder.
• Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis) – Botox is effectively used for excessive sweating by blocking the release of acetylcholine, thus causing sweat glands to stop producing sweat. Around 20-25 minor injections to the underarm area effectively reduce sweating by up to 90% within 2 days period, lasting up to 10 months, or even longer in some cases.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Start your customized skin journey at Calgary's Top Medical Aesthetics Clinic, Envy Beauty Lab + Laser. Use the link below to book your complimentary consultation or give us a call us at 403.281.2255.BOOK HERE